Monday, November 3, 2008

Our Canada Getaway







We have a woodshed with the grape vine growing on it. The red building is the outhouse, yes thats right no in door toilet and no running water so we have a hand pump for water. Now that is Eli on the gator and in the barrels is day old bread that they feed to the cows. And that is the cows sharing there bread with the seagulls.














What a wonderful time Eli and I had






once again as we spent 2 weeks up






in Canada on the Trent River that comes out of Rice Lake. It is kinda our time to reconnect with each other. I'm sure you all know how easy it is in this way to busy lifestyle to kinda lose touch with each other and important it is make sure you don't lose it!!!!!! Anyway I wanted to share some photos with that I took while we were up there. One is the morning fog lifting off the water, the shoreline right out front of our cottage and the road that comes right down to the river, you can see the cottage in the top right hand corner of the photo. I took 1 from the boat towards the shore. This is same road you see in the other picture.

Now this next picture below is a very old landmark. It has a LOT of history. In the 14 years we've been coming up here the tree kept leaning more & more they finally put a post under it to keep it from falling or somebody getting hurt. Well now the tree is actually growing around the post. At the top of the trunk you can see how it is slowly rotting away but this makes an excellent place for me to put food for the birds,squirrels, and chipmunks. I love to watch God's creatures. Back when we were younger we'd bring the kids up here for a week for our family vacation and oh the fun they had on this tree. Like I said it has a lot of history. This was by all means no fancy resort but the children always enjoyed it and so did we. Lots of very good memories were made.
We don't do a whole lot of fishing while we're up here oh we do some but if we'd depend on the fish we caught we'd starve. We spend a lot of time with the people who own the cottage, Ken and Mona Humphries.

Well I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I did taking them and sharing them with ya'll. Let me know what you think. If your interested in spending a week or so here I can hook you up!!!!




































2 comments:

Sara said...

Glad you had a wonderful time and all but I am glad you are back I was beside myself and had you stayed a nother week I would have been devistated. LOL! Truly I am glad you had a wonderful time and you really took great pictures. Well glad your back and letting you know you were missed. Love your daughter, Sara

Pastor Roger and wife Rachael said...

Love the pictures! Roger has been working on our passports! Who knows, maybe we'll get to join you all! God willing. Love & Prayers, Rachael